Following four simple installation steps will lead to years of crystal clear water.
Four Easy Steps:
- Remove sand and make needed repairs
- Fill filter half way with water
- Pour the Ruby Sand into the filter
- Backwash until clear water comes from the filter.
Ruby Sand contains a small percentage of tan dust due to its production process, so following these installation instructions is extremely important.
Nearly all of the Ruby Sand tech service calls are due to faulty installation. Faulty installation—dust in the pool—is fixable and is covered in the Trouble Shooting Section.
In Step One, ZEO recommends that the chlorine or sanitizer, phosphate remover, and algaecide levels be adjusted to the high end of their normal range. Ruby Sand is compatible with all pool chemicals like sanitizers, phosphate removers, enzymes, and algaecides. In addition, Ruby Sand is compatible with all out board sanitizer generators like chlorine, ozone and ultraviolet. The natural Ruby Sand color does not wash off and dye the pool water.
Water Saving Tip
Pool or spa water can be saved by pre-rinsing Ruby Sand in a bucket to remove most of the tan dust. Pour the Ruby Sand in a bucket and rinse with a garden hose until most of the dust is removed. Then, follow normal installation instructions to make sure all of the remaining dust is removed. This tip is especially useful for small volume pools with small filters and spas with large filters
- Determine the amount of media required for your sand filter based on the Ruby Sand replacement ratio.
- Adjust sanitizer, phosphate remover, and algaecide to the high end of the normal range.
- With the filter electricity off, empty filter and make any needed repairs.
- Fill filter half-way with water.
- Slowly pour Ruby Sand into filter allowing all media granules to be thoroughly wetted.
- Make sure no media enters lateral piping assembly.
- Close filter and backwash until backwash water is clear.
- Allow Ruby Sand to settle for 5 minutes.
- Backwash for an additional minute.
- Rinse for 30 seconds.
- Turn filter to Filter Mode.